It’s October so that means that it’s officially the season of all thing pumpkin! Our family really enjoys making Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Pie, and Pumpkin Pancakes. However, I recently purchased a waffle maker and my daughter has been asking for waffles ever since. Since we have recipes for everything else Pumpkin, I knew I had to come up with the perfect pumpkin waffle recipe. She’s asked for waffles three days in a row now!
They’re simple to whip up and I just know your family will enjoy them as much as we are!
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk (or, 1 1/3 Tbsp white vinegar w/ the remainder of the 1 1/4 cup containing milk)
- Plug in your waffle maker so it can come to temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, spices, baking soda, and salt). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, eggs, butter, and buttermilk until mixed thoroughly.
- Slowly stir your dry ingredients into your wet, just until combined.
- Coat your waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour desired amount of batter into the waffle maker & cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Top with pecans, whipped cream, butter, or real maple syrup & enjoy!
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.