Pumpkin pie’s do not last long in our house, and my daughter will request one even if it’s 115*F outside and the middle of summer! Thankfully, this recipe is really easy to make and one of the most delicious pies we’ve ever tasted!
One 15-oz can Pumpkin Puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
One 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten,
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
One 9″ deep dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 425* Fahrenheit
- Combine filling ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes into the bottom of the pie crust. Pour filling ingredients into pie crust.
- Cover edges of pie crust with aluminum foil. This will prevent them from burning.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425* Fahrenheit
- Reduce oven temperature to 350* Fahrenheit and continue baking 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool pie before cutting. Refrigerate any leftovers (if you have any)