I recently made this one for dinner one night and it is sure to be a stable on our meal rotation! It kind of reminds me of a jazzed up Hamburger Helper, but so much healthier than you get from a box! Pair with your favorite garlic bread or a side salad.
1 – lb Ground Pork
14-oz can Petite Diced Tomatoes
2 Cloves Garlic, chopped roughly
1/4 cup Marscapone Cheese (or can substitute heavy cream)
2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 tsp Oregano
1 lb Orecchiette Pasta
- In a sauce pan, cook orecchiette pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup water.
- In a skillet, combine ground pork, garlic, and oregano until ground pork is browned.
- Stir in Tomato Paste and Red Pepper Flakes and cook 1-2 minutes, until combined with a slight shine.
- Add Diced tomatoes, pasta, and 1/2 of your reserved pasta water. Cook until slightly thick.
- Mix in marscapone cheese (or heavy cream) until combined. Top with parmesan cheese & enjoy!