In addition to being able to grill the perfect steak, my husband is the absolute best at making biscuits and gravy. It took a bit of trial and error, but this is one recipe my daughter will ask for every single weekend he’s home. He tried a few different sausages, but found that the Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage is best for this one.
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean Sage Breakfast Sausage (it’s in a log shaped package)
- 1 can flaky biscuits
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- Preheat oven and cook biscuits according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, brown the breakfast sausage until cooked thoroughly.
- Add butter, stirring well to coat.
- Sprinkle in flour until thoroughly coated
- Slowly pour in milk, stirring over medium heat until gravy has reached desired consistency.
- Serve biscuits open-faced with gravy on top.
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.