Around Christmastime my husband made a version of this crack candy that the entire family loved. With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I tried to think of a way to adapt it to this holiday. It uses just a few ingredients and is super simple to make. Your family will love it!
- Saltine Crackers — enough to cover a baking sheet.
- 1 cup butter, cut into chunks for easier melting
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup pink chocolate melts
- Valentine’s Day Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325* Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil & spread saltine crackers so they are all evenly touching each other. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine butter and light brown sugar until boiling. Stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Spread the butter/brown sugar mixture evenly across the saltines.
- Place into the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle white chocolate chips over crackers. The heat from the toffee will melt them, but you may need to pop it back in the oven for a minute or two.
- Using an icing spatula or a butter knife, gently spread chocolate chips evenly across the toffee crackers. Set aside.
- Melt your pink chocolate melts according to package directions. Using a piping bag or a spoon, sprinkle the pink chocolate melts over the white chocolate chips. This will create a decorative pattern, or you can marble your pink into your white using a butter knife.
- Top with Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
- Set entire pan into the fridge and allow to harden.
- Once completely hardened, remove and break into haphazard pieces. Enjoy!
This recipe can easily be changed depending on the season or holiday. The melting chocolates come in a variety of colors & there are always different colored sprinkles. Let your imagination go wild!
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.