Lately my husband and I have been trying to get more creative with our cooking. We’ve fallen into the bland rut that consists of the same meals on rotation. Since we’ve also been trying to utilize our grill more (yay 100*F+ days!) we stumbled upon this creation using pierogis as the buns for our sliders! We only topped ours with ketchup & mustard, but the possibilities are endless: you could do a tomato onion jam, caramelized onions, bacon, etc. Let us know what you come up with!
- 1-lb hamburger
- 1 box Frozen Pierogis (such as Mama T’s)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except frozen pierogis and butter. Do not over mix or your hamburgers will be tough.
- Shape your meat mixture into slider-sized hamburger patties. I was able to create 10 patties from my 1-lb mixture. Make sure they’re about 1/2 inch thick.
- Prepare your grill and cook hamburgers to your preference. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add frozen pierogi’s and cook on each side until browned.
- To assemble Pierogi sliders: Place one pierogi (flat side down) on a plate, stack a cooked hamburger patty, top with condiments of your choice, and place a second pierogi on top. You may secure with a toothpick, if you wish.
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.