I don’t know about you, but it just simply isn’t the Holiday season without some variation of puppy chow (also commonly known as Muddy Buddies). This year, I decided to approach it from a different angle & came up with Peppermint Bark Puppy Chow! I hope your family enjoys it just as much as mine is!
- 6 cups Chex cereal (Great Value brand works, as well!)
- 2/3 cups candy cane Hershey Kisses, unwrapped (one whole candy cane tube did the trick for us!)
- 6 candy canes, crushed
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, halved
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup Holiday M&Ms
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the unwrapped Hershey Kisses and 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until completely melted.
- In a large bowl (the bigger, the better!) measure out 6 cups of Chex cereal.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal & stir to throughly coated.
- Transfer cereal & chocolate to a gallon ziploc bag. Pour in confectioner’s sugar. Close bag securely. Shake until completely coated.
- Dump ziploc bag mixture into another large bowl. Stir in crushed candy canes, M&Ms, and the remaining chocolate chips.
This recipe is perfect to give to neighbors, as it does not contain peanut products.