Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.
I honestly feel as though bananas give you .02 seconds to eat them before they turn completely brown. When I stumbled across this banana split bread recipe years ago, I knew I had found a delicious solution to this never-ending problem. It’s so simple to throw together and my entire family loves it! It’s best served warm w/ a bit of butter. You can also easily throw it into a lined muffin tin for an easy, on the go snack.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (Miracle Whip does not have the same affect)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Optional: maraschino cherries & 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 375* Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl or stand mixer with paddle attachment, mash your bananas. Add mayonnaise and stir until combined.
- Mix in flour, sugar, and baking soda until thoroughly mixed together. Stir in chocolate chips and optional chopped walnuts.
- In greased mini bread pans or a lined muffin tin, fill each cavity 1/2 way with mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Press optional halved maraschino cherries onto tops of bread or muffins. Let cool on a wire rack.