A few years back I made this appetizer as a take-along to a friends house and my immediately decided it needed to be added to my recipe book. Today he mentioned he would like some as a snack, so I figured I would share the recipe with all of you. It’s perfect for any get together and is simple to create.
- 1 loaf Italian Bread
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 Cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Ranch dressing mix (the powder kind)
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Parsley, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350* Fahrenheit.
- On a cutting board, slice your bread diagonally 3/4 of the way through the loaf. Turn your loaf around & repeat from the opposite, creating a triangle effect.
- Stuff your cuts with the cheddar cheese and bacon, making sure to evenly distribute throughout the loaf.
- Combine melted butter and ranch seasoning in a small dish. Using a pastry brush, completely coat the top of your loaf. If there is any remaining you can drizzle it on top.
- Encase your loaf in aluminum foil, making sure to leave a pocket of air between the top of the loaf and the foil when you pinch it closed. Place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is mostly melted. Remove from foil and bake an additional 5-10 minutes to give your dish a nice crust.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool a bit. Serve while still warm.
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.