We woke up to pouring rain and a tornado watch here in South Western North Carolina. Whenever it rains I’m suddenly in the mood for some sort of soup or chili. My entire family loves a good hearty soup when the weather is dreary. Since we had Chicken Noodle soup last week, I decided that this White Chicken Chili was exactly what we needed.
I got rid of my slow cooker a while ago and use the slow cooker setting on my Instant Pot.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- (2) 15.5 oz cans Canellini or Great Northern Beans
- 15 oz can white kernel corn
- 2 cups chicken broth (I prefer this broth base)
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Place chicken in your slow cooker. Combine all chili powder, cumin, garlic and onion powders, salt & pepper and sprinkle over chicken.
- Pour in chicken broth, onion, beans, and corn. Cover and let cook on low 6-8 hours or 4 hours on high.
- About an hour before chili is finished cooking, stir flour into the milk. Pour into slow cooker along with the butter. Cover and let cook the remaining time.
- Remove chicken and shred. Place back into chili mixture. Stir to combine.
- Serve with shredded cheese or a homemade bread and enjoy!