I am a huge supporter of handmade presents. I love to give & receive them. For our second dating anniversary, I knew I needed to make something special. My now-husband is an avid hunter, so when I came across this idea for a silhouette photo collage, I knew I had to make it with the outline of a deer bust. It took only a few hours to make & he couldn’t stop telling me how much he loved it. You could easily swap my deer idea for any other animal or object, such as a bass fish, fishing boat, police badge, etc. The possibilities with this one are endless!
What You Need:
- Wood Sign Pallet — I found mine in the craft section at Walmart
- Foam board — I could only find thin board, so I had to cut two silhouettes
- Hot Glue
- Photo Glue Stick
- Enough photos of you & your loved one to fill the head — wallets would work best.
- Razor knife — to cut the silhouette
- Permanent Marker
- Freehand your choice of animal or object into the foam board with the marker. If you are able to print one the size you need, feel free to print & trace.
- Using your razor knife, carefully cut out your silhouette from the foam. If you have a thin foam board, you might want to cut two (this is what I had to do to get the 3D effect I was going for)
- Carefully hot glue your silhouette to the wood sign pallet. Let dry.
- Taking your time, lay out your photos as you wish to have them on the silhouette. Cut to fit.
- Use the photo glue stick to adhere the photos to the silhouette. Let dry.
- If you wish, you can always add an adorable vinyl quote to the wood sign pallet.
- Wrap up & enjoy the smile when they open your heartfelt gift!