One thing I love about summer is the cookouts. Hanging out around the grill in the backyard with your favorite family and friends, having a great time, eating some even more amazing foods.
This Patriotic Poke Cake is perfect year-round, but best fits in on Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or even Veteran’s Day. It’s simple to make and will leave your guests left licking their plates!
- 1 box white cake mix (& the necessary ingredients to make said cake)
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 container Cool Whip
- (1) 4oz box Strawberry or Cherry Jell-O
- Strawberries, sliced
- Bake cake according to package directions. Let cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Combine boiling water & package of Jell-O. Mix in cold water. Poke holes every 1/2 inch in cake using a fork, skewer, or even a straw, making sure to get to nearly the bottom of the pan.
- Evenly pour Jell-O mixture all over cake. Place in refrigerator for 3-12 hours.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk & pudding mix. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Once cake has cooled completely & Jell-O has set, spread Cool Whip/Pudding mixture evenly over the top of the cake.
- Place your blueberries in rows in the top left corner of the cake & your strawberries slices in rows, alternating red & white stripes.
- Serve & enjoy! Note: If you’re not serving immediately, make sure you keep it refrigerated!