In our area, as well as many parts of the United States, the weather outside is still cold & snowy. This makes it the perfect hot cocoa weather. Kiddo and I whipped up these Valentine’s Day Hot Cocoa stir sticks for ourselves as well as those around us and they were a huge hit! They’re simple to make and will put a smile on anybody’s face!
- Silicone heart mold
- Heart shaped (or mini) marshmallows
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Popsicle sticks
- Piping Bags (A ziploc bag will also work)
- 16 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate (broken into smaller pieces)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the baking chocolate at 70% power, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until completely melted.
- In a stand mixer, combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix in the melted chocolate until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon into a piping bag
- Push popsicle stick into a heart shaped marshmallow and place in the bottom of the mold.
- Carefully pipe chocolate mixture so it covers the marshmallow and nearly fills the mold.
- Once all crevices of the mold have been filled, place in the refrigerator and let harden 4 hours, or overnight.
- Pop out. You can wrap these in a cellophane treat bag for easy gifting.
To Serve: Heat up milk in a large mug (milk will need to be hot enough to melt the chocolate). Stir your stick in the milk until mixed throughly. Enjoy!
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.