Since it’s only my five year old and I during the week, I reserve my larger breakfasts for the weekends when my husband is home to enjoy them with us (he’s a HUGE breakfast guy). He could eat eggs, toast, and a meat everyday and be perfectly content, but I was growing bored of cooking the same thing every time.
I decided this breakfast casserole was the perfect addition to our rotation, and my husband wholeheartedly agrees. It’s simple to make and can be ready in around 45 minutes! You might be able to prepare it the night before to throw in the oven when you wake up.
I enjoyed this with a side of sriracha – be careful: a little goes a long way! You could also switch the ham for bacon, turkey, chicken, etc.!
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, Diced
- 8 oz Deli Sliced Ham, Diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 7 eggs
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350* Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter and saute peppers and ham until peppers are softened and ham has browned.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined
- Spread pepper and ham mixture on bottom of casserole dish. Cover with egg mixture. Run a fork through the mixture to ensure eggs have coated peppers and ham thoroughly.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are the consistency you enjoy.