With craft stores closed due to the pandemic, we’re having to find different mediums to craft with at home. A few weeks ago we made some awesome Milk Jug Bird Feeders and had a blast creating flowers out of Egg Cartons. Yesterday, we took some empty pop bottles and came up with these adorable Animal Planters. My daughter asked for hers to be cut like a fox while I decided to do a simple frog. Here’s how we did it.
What You Need:
- Empty pop bottles, rinsed
- Acrylic Paints
- Potting Soil
- Flowers or seeds
- Permanent Marker
- Using your permanent marker, draw your animals ears about 1/3 of the way from the bottom of the bottle. Connect your ears around the circle completely.
- Carefully cut out your animal using the scissors. Make sure to poke a 2-3 holes in the bottom of your bottle, for drainage. (I found this to be done best with a screw driver pressed through the bottle and into the yard outside.)
- Let your imagination soar with the acrylic paints as you paint your animal. We did 2-3 coats to ensure even coverage and the darkest color possible.
- Let dry.
- Fill your planter 1/3 of the way with your soil, place your plant inside, and fill in the remaining area with potting soil. If you are planting seeds, follow directions on package.
- Set in your favorite location and enjoy!
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.