Yes, I realize I am posting this recipe in the middle of August, but I promise I am just trying to trick Mother Nature into sending some cooler days our way. These 100*F+ days are getting out of hand. Plus, my husband was having a not-so-good day at work and I know my pumpkin bread is just the thing to cheer him up. Sometimes I will add chocolate chips to the mixture to give an added sweetness.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients: pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, water, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients in the medium bowl with the wet ingredients in your large bowl. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, place on a wire cooling rack, and allow to cool.
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.