Hot summer days living in a 42′ fifth wheel camper mean I don’t really want to use my oven a whole lot. Even running the stove to boil water for 15 minutes increases the temperature inside our home dramatically. This year I am so thankful for my Instant Pot. Last night we enjoyed hamburger stroganoff and it was a hit with my husband and daughter.
- 1-lb ground beef
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red cooking wine
- 3 cups beef broth (I prefer this kind)
- 12oz egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Parsley, for garnish
- Set your Instant Pot to Saute setting, allow to warm up until screen says “HOT.” Lightly coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add hamburger, onion, and garlic. Saute until browned then add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in red cooking wine, scraping the bottom to get any stuck bits off. Press “cancel.”
- Combine remaining ingredients except sour cream and parsley. Stir well. Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Stir in sour cream and turn Instant Pot back to saute. Allow to thicken for a few minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve while hot.
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.