It has been so insanely hot here in Western North Carolina lately that I have been trying to utilize my Instant Pot more frequently. Here’s a simple dish that takes no time to make. Your family will love it!
- 4 Tbsp butter, divided
- 1 lb chicken breasts, pounded 1″ thick
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti noodles
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth (I prefer to use this)
- 1 cup half and half (or 1 cup milk minus 2 tbsp milk PLUS 2 tbsp butter)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Parsley, for garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute function. While the pot is heating up pound out the chicken breasts until they are 1 inch thick. When the display reads “HOT” add in 2 Tbsp of the butter. Swirl the butter in the pot to melt the butter.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper, to taste, onto each side of each of the chicken breasts. Lay both chicken breasts into the bottom of the pot. Allow the chicken to brown for 5 minutes on each side without disturbing them. Remove the chicken from the pot and set on a plate.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter to the pot and swirl around to melt. Add in the sliced mushrooms. Stir frequently for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for an additional 30 seconds.
- Turn off saute function. Stir in the rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder. Add in the broth and the noodles (you may need to break your noodles in half to o get them to fit. Place the chicken on top of the noodles.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid, setting the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes on high pressure. Allow to natural release for 10 minutes before switching the valve to “venting.” Remove the lid.
- Remove the chicken and dice into large chunks. Whisk the cornstarch and half and half together. Stir the mixture into the pot and allow to thicken. Add salt to taste. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve while still warm and enjoy!
Coffee. Mom. Repeat. may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. You can view our whole disclosure policy HERE.